My Smol Ame Autocannon Bullets Mod for Deep Rock Galactic

 I modded Smol Ame again into Deep Rock Galactic.

This mod replaces the "Thunderhead" Heavy Autocannon's (default skin) bullets with Smol Ame. In addition to this, it adds a Smol Ame figurine next to the ammo count screen (default skin). This mod also replaces the bullet in the animation that plays when you press "R" when your ammo is full (all skins). Different paint jobs for the default skin also have Smol Ame.

Download the mod here: https://mod.io/g/drg/m/smol-ame-autocannon-bullets






The 3D model of "Smol" Hololive vtuber Amelia Watson was created by Seafoamboi.

You can download the model here: sketchfab.com/3d-models/smol-ame-amelia-watson-holomyth-7d40f94be37d458e98365e89dcdcae11


The process for modding this character into Deep Rock Galactic is similar to what I did for Dino Gura, Tsukumo Sana, Furball Korone, Ceres Fauna, and Hakos Baelz. The only issue I encountered had to do with materials. Since I made copies of Smol Ame and grouped four copies of Smol Ame into two groups, there were numerous users of the same material. What I did was I made single-user copies for each of the Smol Ames. Aside from this, material hierarchy was crucial here. The materials M_AutoCannonDefault and M_AutoCannon_Ammo have to come first before the Smol Ame materials which start with the letter "S". To fix this, I simply added a prefix that goes before each of the materials: "L_".  When importing these models to Unreal, the materials were assigned alphabetically. All this was for the skeletal mesh of the gun. For the simple meshes, bullet (separate from the gun) and bullet casing, I simply replaced the models with Smol Ame.

Comments