I updated my Hakos Baelz mod for Deep Rock Galactic

I updated my Hakos Baelz mod for Deep Rock Galactic.

Download the mod here: https://mod.io/g/drg/m/hakos-baelz-bartender



KirbyDX created the 3D model of Hakos Baelz. You can download it here: https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/hololiveen-council-smolbae-f831ef00d49847e29eb89550b1b3d00b

The process for modding this character into Deep Rock Galactic is similar to what I did for Dino Gura, Tsukumo Sana, Furball Korone, and Ceres Fauna.

I did the following to implement the new features for the mod:

  1. I redid the entire mod from scratch.
  2. I imported the Hakos Baelz model into Blender.
  3. I deleted the materials from the eyes and mouth which are separate meshes.
  4. I joined the meshes together.
  5. Since the model comes with a skeleton, I did the following  to get rid of it without having to resize and adjust the model:
    • I pressed ctrl + a on the model and clicked apply all transformations
    • I pressed alt + p and clicked clear parent and keep transformations
  6. I imported the Bosco bartender model (Lloyd), a .psk file, into Blender
  7. I adjusted Baelz to match the location, orientation, and size of Lloyd
  8. I parented Baelz with empty groups to Lloyd's skeleton.
  9. In edit mode while selecting Baelz, I set the vertex of the pivot points of the ends of her arms close to her body to be the pivot points using the transform pivot point icon>cursor to selected. Before this I set each vertex to be cursor to selected using shift + s and assigned the pivot point for the left arm before her right arm.
  10. I assigned the vertex groups of her left arm (upper left arm, forearm, hand) to the Arm_01_L of Lloyd. I did the same for the right arm but assigned it to Arm01_R.
  11. I tested moving the bones assigned to the arms in pose mode.
  12. I exported the model using FBX and followed the same process in Unreal Engine that I've been doing for my previous mods.

Comments