My Helmet mods for Deep Rock Galactic

I modded Dr. Livesey and Ori from Ori and the Will of the Wisps into Deep Rock Galactic. Their heads replace the Corporate Marine helmet. They are separate mods that replace the same asset; they are not compatible with each other.

Download the Dr. Livesey helmet mod here: https://mod.io/g/drg/m/dr-livesey-helmet

Download the Ori helmet mod here: https://mod.io/g/drg/m/ori-helmet




Vjokarv/Joseph Karing aka Goodman animations created the 3D model of Dr. Livesey. You can download it here: https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/doctor-livesey-rigged-model-for-blender-for-free-fa76afc5ac29428f98e1f4d8cbb34610

Kristian LaGrange created the 3D model of Ori. You can download it here: https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/ori-be03540404ec4e69b8a2d969865a4c48

The process for modding Dr. Livesey and Ori and Deep Rock Galactic is similar to what I did for my previous mods involving skeletal meshes. For these two mods, I revisited Pacagma's guide on model replacement specifically for assets related to the player character. I worked on these mods separately. The alphabetical ordering of materials did not work this time so I used the dummy materials method again. I created a dummy material for these two models and assigned it to a single face hidden inside of the model. I imported the asset SK_VanityHead001 from Character>Vanity2>Headwear. I parented the models to their respective skeletons. I assigned the whole model to the "head" vertex group. I adjusted the size and location of the heads to match those of the dwarf head model which is present in the skeleton. I deleted the dwarf head model. I then exported the file using BetterFBX and renamed it to SK_Vanity_Headwear_HelmetFullface01_CorporateMarine. I imported it to Unreal Engine, packaged it, deleted assets which had the word "skeleton" in it, and packaged the Character folder which I placed inside a "Content folder" using DRG Packer 4.27. I tested the mods locally before I uploaded them to mod.io. 



Comments