LEGO Animation: LEGO Houshou Marine encounters Gura while riding a raft

Ahoy! 

I created this animation using Unreal Engine 4.7. As with the previous animation I made all the models using Bricklink Studio, imported them to Mecabricks to export them as .obj files. For this project I used the new water plugin which was introduced in Unreal Engine 4.6. I had trouble with getting the raft to float at first. I created a blueprint which had a static mesh component (the raft model) and a buoyancy component. I added four pontoons to each side of the raft but it still capsized. I was able to solve this by setting angular damping to around 0.8. To get the raft to move I added a physics thruster component to the blueprint. I did the same for Gura. I used the takes recorder and a level sequencer to combine the animations and the cameras. I simulated the physics animations and recorded them to the level sequencer. I was able to change cameras in every scene using camera cuts. I then rendered the film and edited it using Blender.

This animation is dedicated to Houshou Marine and Gawr Gura.

UPDATE (August 31, 2021): I finished making instructions for Houshou Marine. Two versions of it are available for purchase. The first version has the main model. It is a 223 page PDF. The second version has the main model and Marine's pirate hat. It is a 302 page PDF.

You can purchase the instructions in my Rebrickable post here: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-86286/BrickHugger171/houshou-marine/#details






Houshou Marine rendered in Blender






Comments