[COMMISSION] - LEGO MOC: Makise Kurisu Part 2

Yesterday, the person who commissioned me to design Makise Kurisu from Steins; Gate finally built her using actual LEGO pieces. After ordering parts online and having received them he set about building Kurisu and showing me his progress over time. He ran into a few small issues. The neck, a technic axle 4 connected to a ball joint and ball socket inside the head was not enough to stabilize the head. The legs which consist of a tow ball and tow ball socket had difficulty balancing the weight of the body and the head. These problems were easily solved by restricting movement slightly. He connected a round 2x2 brick with an axle hole to the neck. He replaced the joints of the legs with 2x2 corner plates. 

Seeing the character you designed in Bricklink Studio being put together in real life feels satisfying. It makes me happy knowing that someone was able to take your design, give feedback, and improve on your original design.

Check out their amazing Flickr page here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/192339910@N03

Check out part 1 of this MOC here: [COMMISSION] - LEGO MOC: Makise Kurisu Part 1



Makise Kurisu, actual model 1


Makise Kurisu, actual model 2


My initial render of Makise Kurisu








Comments

  1. I think it's almost like the design of a moko in Japan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is similar to it indeed. I took inspiration from various LEGO MOC makers like Moko, Marendarade, and Sunder. My first attempt at making a chibi character from scratch was Senko, a heavily modified Brickheadz model I created. My second attempt was Ono. My later attempts were more refined such as the model you see here.

      Delete

Post a Comment