My first LEGO Unreal Engine 4 Animation



This is my first animation in Unreal Engine 4. It is about the Philippine-American War (1899-1902).

In general:

-I put together the models using Bricklink Studio 2.0

-I imported the .io file into Mecabricks

-I exported the models as .obj and imported the minifigures into Mixamo to create animations and imported the rest of the models into Blender as .obj files

-I exported the minifigures with animations from Mixamo as .FBX files and imported them into Blender

-I saved each minifigure animation as an action and placed them in the NLA editor

-I exported the minifigures and models separately as .FBX files

-I used Unreal Engine 4's sequencer to animate everything

-I rendered and exported the animation

-I edited the video and added sounds and text using Blender's video sequence editor

-I rendered the final edited animation

Comments

  1. IS THERE A REASON YOU DIDNT JUST MAKE THE FIGURES IN MECABRICKS TO START WITH?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find Bricklink Studio faster and more intuitive than Mecabricks. Mecabricks is an online-only service whereas Bricklink Studio can be installed on your computer. I use the Mecabricks add-on for Blender to render most of my models because of its photorealistic shaders. Regarding the animation I made above, my experience with UE4 and Blender was still limited at the time so I was not able to take advantage of said shaders. Also, I was not aware of the ImportLDraw add-on back then so I did not know how to import LEGO models into Blender with the right materials.

      Delete

Post a Comment